Back at it....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-9962-0-17212400-1426871139_thumb.jpg

i think it best to remove the entire drive train, exhaust, intercooler, fuel system, fuel tank and get it all up to date in another chassis...honestly....

I recall making 400whp @ 15psi 20+ years ago.

I know with some more tweaking and new turbo technology....maybe another 100hp....

or maybe I should pretend I didn't see it and just walk away....

last week I saw a very nice 240z with original paint etc... all it needed was an engine. it had nice original paint as well, but I already have orange and didn't want a second.....should have bought it!

FWIW, I decided to make 10 exhaust systems.

850.00 to the first 3 buyers, then it goes up to 935.00.

I will add vband flanges so that it's 3 pieces next week, then reverse engineer it.

it's feel odd to work on a car (red z)that you've owned for more than half your life.

it was dusty, really dusty.....

I really want to see what's the difference between 20 year old turbos and the latest and greatest.

I think I'll just blow off the dust, clean up the engine and get on the dyno.

Morning all,

Well.... No z today..... At my son's robotics competition.....

I now recall the boost control for the turbo z was a apexi programmable type. Nowadays, the modern standalone's use a simple solenoid and integrated to the PCM. Oh well, can't expect much for 20 year old technology.

The seatbelts only got 25% installed..... I now know how to do it.....

My kids aren't car kids....... Sorta.......my youngest asked when we would drive around in the old cars- that surprised me! I told him that we don't have seat belts yet and he offered to help install them. I could have them on in another hour or so, so I'll leave him free to watch soccer today.....