HybridZ

Can I remove the fuseable links ??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im working on the wireing on my 280Z V8 Upgrade.

I removed the fuel injector harness and computer, now I want to remove the two cubes of fuseable links and the heavy wire that goes to them.

It connects to a plug under the dash in the passanger compartment, can I just unplug it?

There was another wire or two that I did not pay much attention too.

A wire ran from these heavy white with red line wires and ran to the alternator.

Thanks for any help.

Terry

• 1 year later...

Umm.. I was looking at this thread and it seems that zcar creations site is dead...

Anyone got some suggestions on what to replace the fuse links with???

What amperage are the links.... and do you know of any blocks that you can buy to replace that old stuff...??

I was thinking that those fuseblocks (with high-amp circuit breakers/fuses) from late-model cars would be good, if you can find one with the appropriate circuit breaker capacities. You might look at cars that had a similar engine?

• 5 months later...
Guest NorCalZ

I don't know if I completely understand what you are talking about but I just bought a new fuse box from MSA they came out with a new one with modern fuses, it's 200 bucks, it went in in like 4 minutes. If you get the catalog you should get their smmer sale thing or winter whatver. But I hope this helps.