HybridZ

Neat trick to make bleeding clutch master easier

When I disassembled and reassembled my clutch hydraulics to swap my bellhousing and inspect my clutch, bleeding was much easier this time than ever before. The trick? Cap the hydraulic line and the master cylinder to prevent fluid loss/air intrusion. Since the line is AN3, I bought an AN3 plug and an AN3 cap from Summitt Racing. After spreading an old T-shirt under the master cylinder, I disconnected the hydraulic line at the master cylinder and quickly capped both the line and the master. Minimal mess. When it was time to reassemble, I just took off the caps and hooked it back up. When it was time to bleed I only had a few bubbles, and bleeding took about 10 minutes.. These caps are a good investment. Rember to set your pedal stops under the dash to allow full pedal stroke before bleeding-you can readjust them after you have all the air out. BTW-I also have a 4' remote bleeder with a speed bleeder that I raise way above the slave and master cylinders in the engine compartment during bleeding. This was so much easier than starting with a dry system that I will try to totally fill and cap my hydraulics with the trans/slave out of the car in the future.

post-5903-0-62511400-1430301870_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-25474300-1430301887_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-73604900-1430301947_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ

Yeah I believe the same thing happened to me as well. I left mine for a week or so after I couldn't get it bled then went outside and it worked like a charm. I'm fixing to rebuild my transmission so good idea keith I'll try that method and hope for the best, thanks for the tip!