HybridZ

4 rotor mazda anyone???

Guest Tht1KSguy

Guest Tht1KSguy

Hey everyone, my obsession to the mazda rotary engine for experimental aircraft use led me to this site. 4 rotor Mazda engine It's basically 2 13B's put together w/ a mating adapter. The cranks are phased together so the chambers fire at the same time to reduce stress on the coupling. He's making 550hp in a dirt outlaw car naturally aspirated. Our Z's are about the only usable car w/ a long engine bay i can think of this would work in. Imagine fuel injection, 2 intercooled turbos, 9000rpm. Now... if there was just a transmission that could take that abuse and my Powerball numbers would come up... i'd be set :rolleyes:

Guest Anonymous

Very cool, I've seen a page somewhere that detailed photo's of a motor being put together that was a 4 rotor conversion. Wish this picture were better and there was more info, its supposedly produced in europe not sure in what, but on one RX7 site someone showed this:

957918589.jpg

6 Rotor anyone?

Regards,

Lone

• 3 weeks later...
Guest the_dj

My neighbor kept saying he had an 8 rotor in his Eclipse RS. Wouldn't let me see under the hood. Said it came out of a NASCAR and took a LOT of firewall work to fit. Apparently 800+ rwhp. Went to ask for a ride and he said, you know what happens when you drive a car with an illegal engine into town at 120mph?

He got pulled over by a cop who followed him for THREE MILES before catching him. Never got a radar. Told him to open his hood, followed by "Get rid of this car (sell it) in 30 days or you'll be explaining why you were driving a car with THAT engine on THIS road." Sold it to a mitsubishi dealer on his way home. Not as a used car, but as the dealer's PERSONAL vehicle. He'd apparently been eyeing it for some time.

Edit: I might add. This car looked 100% stock from exhaust to tires to EVERYTHING. There wasn't even a hint of performance. He used drawstring cutouts for an exhaust, and was using them when he got pulled over.

DJSS

Guest super280z
My neighbor kept saying he had an 8 rotor in his Eclipse RS. Wouldn't let me see under the hood. Said it came out of a NASCAR and took a LOT of firewall work to fit. Apparently 800+ rwhp. Went to ask for a ride and he said, you know what happens when you drive a car with an illegal engine into town at 120mph?

He got pulled over by a cop who followed him for THREE MILES before catching him. Never got a radar. Told him to open his hood, followed by "Get rid of this car (sell it) in 30 days or you'll be explaining why you were driving a car with THAT engine on THIS road." Sold it to a mitsubishi dealer on his way home. Not as a used car, but as the dealer's PERSONAL vehicle. He'd apparently been eyeing it for some time.

Edit: I might add. This car looked 100% stock from exhaust to tires to EVERYTHING. There wasn't even a hint of performance. He used drawstring cutouts for an exhaust, and was using them when he got pulled over.

*sniff* *sniff* something smells fishy...

Guest Anonymous

I got ya beat, 2 allison's welded together in a VW Bug, a neighbor's boyfriends dad's cousin on his moms side did the swap, said it was easy, mostly bolt on... :D ...

Regards,

Lone

Ya I have heard it all factory Hemi's in a chevelle... but have fun with them play with them and then joke about it with your friends later.... You would be supprized at what they will believe.... Just remember to thank God for stupid people without them we wouldn't have anyone to make fun of.....

A little quote from Hemingway...

Alcohol is so an intelligent man can associate with his fools.....

Guest super280z
I knew this guy who welded 2 Viper V10's together and grafted the whole mess into his bug eyed sprite....
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA....

gasps for breath..

BWAHAHAHA...

ok, composure...

one time...at band camp...I new this guy...

ive known a couple of guys that if you need they have it or know someone that has it. and he can get it for free....those guys i hate... of course you never see anything they say they have twak.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

hey you rotary followers there was a stock mercedes with a 4 rotor wankel in 1970 why not couple two of those together but i dont think you would need to as it said top speed was in excess of 200 mph pretty cool looking car too

I was talking to a poser kid about his 2nd Gen Rx-7. Said he rebilt it. I asked him if he replace the pistons while he was at it. He naturally said "Hell yeah, you think I'm stupid!?!?!". I later found he had an aftermarket camshaft and stainless valves. I told him that he must have on fast ride.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joeyhammer

theres is a mazda cosmo sold overseas that comes stock with a 3 rotor engine. it may also have a turbo not sure but the numbers were scary

Originally posted by Kinked_Chrome:

I was talking to a poser kid about his 2nd Gen Rx-7. Said he rebilt it. I asked him if he replace the pistons while he was at it. He naturally said "Hell yeah, you think I'm stupid!?!?!". I later found he had an aftermarket camshaft and stainless valves. I told him that he must have on fast ride.

You should have asked him what cams he was using =)

Actually I use to be a rotory head before I got into the Z's and are solgan was "I rather be a rotor then be pist-on"

I spent a total of $1500 brand new performance parts on my RX7 which was enough to get me 13.7 in the quarter.

Rotory's are known for cheap HP meaning doesn't take much to make them fast. Unfortunately they break easy.

I'm not sure how reliable the 4 rotors are, but I would think about how are you going to get replacement parts and find a mechanic who knows how to work on them if it breaks internally.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Lone, The Allison-VW swap is easy. Just turn the tranaxle around and flip the ring gear. Oh yeah, ya gotta use a fiberglass '40 Ford hood to clear the cam drive.