HybridZ

L28ET swap....what needs to be done with fuel tank..+ etc.

Guest ON3GO

Hey everybody.

When swapping a L28ET in a 240Z/260Z what needs to be done to the fuel tank?

could i put in a 280zx tank? or if not what do i need to do to the stock tank?

also what should i do for fuel lines?

Mike

Im not sure about a fuel cell, i really dont know alot about them.

Plus im not sure about space in the back of the car, because ill be also running a sound system.

Any pics of fuel cells in Z's?

and no i didnt get that 260Z yet..... the guy hasnt returned my calls.

im still looking for a Z.

mike

Guest 240hybrid

Wouldnt you be able to strap a fuel cell to the lower end where the tank usually goes?? I could be wrong but I wouldnt think theres any problems with the original location....Im using a tank from a 75 280z and running SS, but a cell is a good idea and probably would have gone with one myself. I just happened to have one I pulled off my old 280, so figured Id save the $ and go with it.

Some people cut out the spare tire area and then put a some sheet metal over the floor and then hook the fuel cell under that. They cut a hole in the sheet metal for the fuel door. I have even seen them put on a fuel neck and run it behind where the rear tags would go. Kinda like older Chevys.

• 3 months later...
Guest pulse69

why dont you put an external surge tank? Similar to a sump in that it prevents fuel starvation on hard cornering and braking, but you dont have to weld up the tank.

you need a high flow (not necessarily high pressure) pump to keep the surge tank full and a high pressure pump from the surgetank to feed the engine.