HybridZ

OIL in coolant Blown headgasket ?

malibud

I think I have a blown headgasket L28et . I have a ton of oil in the coolant but no coolant in the oil. Could I be getting oil in the coolant somewhere else ? I am loosing a Ton of oil ...

thanks 

going to pull the head or engine this weekend if nothing else 

Metric, US/short, or Imperial/British/long?  And, of course, you're talking fractional measurements, like .00003 tons.  There are better units of measure out there.

Losing not loosing.  Unless it's spraying around the engine bay.

If your cooling system is properly filled, how can it accept two quarts more of oil?  Have you drained a quart or more of oil from the overflow bottle?

Just trying to help you with some details.  If you just have a trace of oil in the coolant, and you're losing quarts from the engine, why are there not quarts of oil in the cooling system?  Where did it go?

You might just be running more oil through the combustion chambers.  Worn rings maybe.  You'll still be removing the head, among other things, but might be better prepared to fix it.

I do have a few oil leaks around the pan etc. yes it is a mess.

No overflow bottle so there has been coolant spew over the front of the engine. When I stuck my finger in the cold radiator my finger was covered in oil and coolant. I wiped my finger dry and it was black from oil.

My plan is to do a compression test and maybe a leak down. I have done head gasket replacements but never anything on the bottom end or timing cover. I figured with a blown head gasket I would have seen water in the oil not the reverse. 

I would rather not open the bottom but I think this may just be a new learning experience. 

Thanks 

DC