HybridZ

R200 clsd question

kevinz

I have 5 actual CLSDs and one open diff that was sold to me as an LSD. Guess which one was my first purchase? Guess which one didn't get the cover removed prior to purchase, cause it had a finned cover and I trusted the seller?

It's not a big deal to remove the cover and take a damn picture.

I thought this site was for people to help each other. I know that the only way to tell 100% is to remove cover and look at it. I was checking to see if anyone might have come up with a new way to tell. If you can't try to help without smart remarks then don't post an answer. Pretty simple. Thanks for the help. I picked up an lsd and cv's for 600 bucks.

It's a clutch. I was looking for differences without opening up the cover. I noticed that when you take out the shafts that there is nothing obstructing the view on an lsd and there is on an open diff. I don't know if it's that way on all of them or not. Also noticed on the top of lsd that there is a small raised area about 1"X1" that is not on my open diff. Has anyone noticed this before. I can't figure out how the heck to post a pic or I would.