HybridZ

R200 clsd question

kevinz

Figured it out

Here's a NISMO CLSD from bjhines picture album.  Hard to get good pictures of the internals.  Ramp shaft and disc edges are the signs.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/41786-i-got-a-87-z31-lsd-w-some-questions/page-5

Funny, I used the same picture jmortensen did in his thread.  Note that there are two types of CLSD apparently. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/49194-differential-cv-lsd-hp-torque-r160-r180-r200-r230-diff-mount/

Have fun with it.

post-8864-0-40144100-1453689009_thumb.png

Edited by NewZed

And it's clear all the way through

Just for the record, for future searchers, the VLSD's are "clear all the way through" also.  There are more splined sections though.

Here's a shortnose R200 VLSD from a J30.  Of course, the shaft lengths are a sign also, if they're there.

post-8864-0-99070200-1453775010_thumb.png

Just for the record, for future searchers, the VLSD's are "clear all the way through" also.  There are more splined sections though.

Here's a shortnose R200 VLSD from a J30.  Of course, the shaft lengths are a sign also, if they're there.

Every 88 Shirro long nose VLSD I've looked at was not  "clear all the way through".  They had a washer with a hole in the center. I believe the splined CV stubs touched it when engaged.

I was just pointing out that "clear all the way through" may not be a "cover on" guaranteed way to ID a CLSD.  Although it may be for long nose R200's, unmolested from the factory.  The J30 diff is from a short nose, that I was considering transplanting in to a long nose case.  Which would confuse things for any future owner.