HybridZ

CAMarten

So I've read on many threads that in order for the engine to run with MSD ign. You need to use a tach adapter msd part 8910. Nowhere does it say how that needs to be wired up though... I called MSD and they said the MSD box is triggered by grounding, and when I hook it directly to the ignition wire off the eccs it doesn't trigger properly. I'm assuming this is where the tach adapter comes in, however there is no wiring schematic that shows how to do this with the 8910. I have all the MSD paperwork and still nothing.

Help please! Everything else on my z is done except this one wire!

Figure out what your tachometer uses to count and try to replicate it.  240Z's have the coil power running through the tach, they're called "current-triggered".  280Z's have a wire dead-headed from the coil negative post.  They're called "voltage-triggered".  Even when people get the principles right some times the adapters don't get it done.

Put 8910 or 8920 in the search box - http://www.msdignition.com/instructiondownload.aspx