HybridZ

L28et Forged H beam rods

Turbo260Z

I can't vouch for CX racing, but when I was on the hunt for forged rods for my L28et I went into Pauter Machine (local to me) and inquired about their offerings. This company is well known in the Porsche world. I had only began my search at that point, but there are other quality companies as well. 

http://pauter.com/parts/rods/

Reckon at Pauter's price point you are probably just as well to go with Carillo, no?  

I have read mixed reports on CX Racing's rods, but as they are made in China and low budget, there could potentially be some issues with the quality of the metal they use.  

Turbo260Z, any particular reason you are looking at aftermarket H-beam rods?  The stock rods are forged, and with the right prep-work are good for all but the more extreme of builds - or so I have read on here countless times anyway.  Pretty much all of the info you will need for prepping rods can be found in Honsowetz's book on modifying these engines.  

• Like 1

Reckon at Pauter's price point you are probably just as well to go with Carillo, no?  

I have read mixed reports on CX Racing's rods, but as they are made in China and low budget, there could potentially be some issues with the quality of the metal they use.  

Turbo260Z, any particular reason you are looking at aftermarket H-beam rods?  The stock rods are forged, and with the right prep-work are good for all but the more extreme of builds - or so I have read on here countless times anyway.  Pretty much all of the info you will need for prepping rods can be found in Honsowetz's book on modifying these engines.

I too have read about getting 500-600hp out of these rods but for $400 H beam rods why not? Especially since I'm building this motor pretty durable I didn't want the week points to be the rods.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have read about getting 500-600hp out of these rods but for $400 H beam rods why not? Especially since I'm building this motor pretty durable I didn't want the week points to be the rods.

If they are junk, and fail, you will end up with an expensive boat anchor, that is why :). The only reason to run non stock rods is if you are running the engine at high RPMs for long periods of time (over 7k). The Nissan OEM ones are good most most all applications except extreme road race or turbo applications. The best rods are Carrillo, but for $300 each, they should be. This is what we run in in the L28 road race engine.

If they are junk, and fail, you will end up with an expensive boat anchor, that is why :). The only reason to run non stock rods is if you are running the engine at high RPMs for long periods of time (over 7k). The Nissan OEM ones are good most most all applications except extreme road race or turbo applications. The best rods are Carrillo, but for $300 each, they should be. This is what we run in in the L28 road race engine.

Yes this will be a turbo motor and I don't think I will ever rev to 7k really. Thanks!