HybridZ

AN fittings

Adam,

You may already know this, but for the benefit of others:

-6 = 3/8" line

-8 = 1/2" line

What you will need to do is get a flare tool and some tube nuts and sleeves for the same size aluminum tubing, and then you will need to use AN Flare adapters to join the aluminum line to the braded hose. This is where using AN fittings and aluminum line becomes quite expensive. Example: 25 Ft of 1/2inch aluminum line @ $27.95 (PN: RUS-3927), One pair of sleeves @ $3.75 (PN: AER-FCM3672) and tube nuts@ $5.25 (PN: AER-FCM3676) and two -8AN Flare Adapters @ $6.25 each (PN: AER-FCM2053) and just to switch to this aluminum line you have just spent about $65.00 with shipping included... Now you have to finish up from the tank to the filter, and then to the pump. And then from the front of the line to the regulator and onto the carb... I also incorporate a return line of the smae size, multiple bulk heads, and dual -6 line from the regulator to the carb. From there, I also use -8AN from my oil filter relocator mount, up to the remote filter and back, and also T'ed off to the accusump. I've spent a bunch of money in AN fittings and -8 and 1/2 inch line...

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Return line insures a fresh supply of fuel to the engine, when used in conjuction with a return style regulator. Helps to reduce vapor lock and allows more consistant fuel pressure from regulaor to carb. Some mechanical pumps also have a return port. I highly recommend using the return style. See other posts on this issue.

JS

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited March 30, 2001).]

Hrm, I'm sticking to braided all the way up front on mine - no aluminum to worry about. Did this on the Mustang too but went too big on the line -10 (doh!). I'm not using a return on this car but if I've got problems I'll be doing it - ick. smile.gif

I believe the Holly Blue uses a "deadhead" kind of regulator. I've only briefly pulled mine out of the box but that's what I recall seeing in there.

Also, I think there might be two Blue's - one geared for street and the other more strip oriented. The strip one is preset at the pump for a slightly higher pressure I think. been awhile since I shopped for mine to be honest so I'm not positive.

The Holley Blue I'm using is the only Holley Blue. It's set to 14psi and comes with a deadhead regulator. They changed the design lately, but the pumps (red, blue) still put out the same pressure.

Yeah, I hate the deadhead regulator/pump setup, but I didn't know any better when I bought/installed the stuff. Maybe I'll change it someday. Not any time soon though.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages