HybridZ

DIY Fuel Rail

HuD 91gt

Hello, I'm looking to make a more era correct fuel rail for my L28.

I know palnet makes some great ones at a great price but it isn't the look in going for.

The most cost effective would be using copper tubing, although I've heard copper can get brittle after ears of use. After how long would I start thinking of replacement?

Another option is using a distribution block and running individual lines to each injector, but a cap would have to be machined for each injector. I can't seem to see anything pre made for this.

A third option is using the same setup as above, yet running the L28 barbed style injector and running line from the hard line.

Any other ideas?

Go to Autozone or similar and look at their pre-fitted, straight, coated steel fuel line repair tubing.  With the right fittings it might give you what you want.

You mentioned "caps" but barbs are era-correct.  Same vein - what are you trying to change?  Why not use the stock shape?

You could chuck the pallnet rail up in a lathe and turn the sections between injectors down so it looks like tubing.

Once you add up the cost of injector bungs (caps) and rail and machine work you'll see why the pallnet rails are a pretty good bargain.  Don't forget that the injector "caps" have to withstand fuel pressure, they'll pop off.  Even that copper rail needs a clamping/mounting system.  What looks simple actually gets complex before you can use it.  Good luck.