Jump to content
HybridZ

HuD 91gt

Members
  • Content Count

    342
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4
  • Feedback

    0%

HuD 91gt last won the day on December 1 2019

HuD 91gt had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About HuD 91gt

  • Rank
    Always Here

Profile Information

  • Location
    Vancouver

Recent Profile Visitors

4771 profile views
  1. No. As the post above explained, I’m using a single wastegate. Stock 240z manifold is divided. My adaptor continues that right to the turbo, and eventually to the valve face of the single 44mm wastegate.
  2. In progress... the secret experiment! I needed to pull my manifold to change wastegate springs. I hate buying new gaskets (cheap ass), and a manifold idea had always been in my head. Sooooo..... True twin scroll manifold using an adaptor from an original 240z manifold. Cylinder firing order is perfect for an easy adaptor. I am fearful of the manifold cracking, but the adaptor is designed in a way I can chop off a portion and easily adapt it to a completely new manifold. I didn’t go that route as I can’t get my hands on a flange for a decent price, th
  3. I should state, I’ve never heard of this happening to anyone else before. Put even just the time it took to get a proper working diff, wasn’t worth the few hundred bucks difference. If i were to do it again I’d probably go the M-tech route. Or even smarter. The super 8.8 kit that the member here sells. Especially if your going to purchase brakes and CV’s at some point.
  4. I did the washer upgrade through who ever sells that kit as well. The issue I had was when checking the backlash. At one point I had proper backlash, then you rotated ring gear 180 degrees and I had basically zero backlash. Being the first diff I had ever taken apart I wasn’t sure if I just screwed up but luckily have a machinist friend. He measured it out and the surface which the ring gear mounted to was completely warped. So he tossed it on the lathe. I reassembled and had even backlash all around.
  5. Thanks! The goal is a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I’ve got another exciting engineering project on the bench right now. Pumped.
  6. Always wanted to do a fall shoot with this car. Hadn’t touched my real camera in... years? These turned out well despite missing the sun by about 10 minutes. Damn time change throwing me off. Ha.
  7. So what I thought was going to take me a couple days took me 5 or 6. Lol. My welding has not improved by not using it it. Amazing. Lol. Here is me using my back purging cap (made of a slice of the muffler outlet which slides over actual pipe nicely, then capped with sheet metal and a fitting threaded in) and welding a few pieces to the old flex pipe. It was 3” as I always planned on upgrading. All welded up and hit with scotchbrite. The thing that took me the longest, was how to hang the system. I went through many types of hangers and spent the most tim
  8. Decided to build a new exhaust. Old setup was a 2.5” “Premium Exhaust” from MSA, modified with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and a magnaflow muffler. Since I’m now turbocharged, 3.0” was in the plans. I also wanted to add a catalytic converter as I’m tired of smelling like fuel every time I drive the car. So the cat will replace the vibrant resonator. So I spent an hour or two rubbing all pipes and muffler with SOS and WD40, followed by Acetone. Proceeded to spend the next 6 hours today making hanger brackets, and getting the muffler in the exact right spot. No
  9. I don’t know which one it was, but an EGR version of the 280z intake.
  10. Well I had some slight differences in my plugs, so I just moved mine from 4 to 3.7. I’ll let ya know if it changes.
  11. Since Hybridz is a bit more of an engineering site vs a photo gallery, I made this alignment system after installing the coil overs. string alignment, and I used a cube inclinometer for camber. (iPhone actually works pretty good too). The first time I did a string alignment I used jackstands to mount the string. Everytime You jacked the car up to make an adjustment you had to realign the strings and ensure it was square. With the mounting points of the string attached to the car, you can can make multiple adjustments without worrying. Was a fun project.
  12. Photos hide many of the imperfections, but it’s certainly has many many battle scars. One day a full tear down will happen. But one must have everything setup before they make it all very pretty.
  13. I just ran down and took a few more shots. Most recently I discovered the 10g WR wire which runs through the car was fried and cracked in many places. Due to age and definitely helped out by my 140amp CSS alternator. I ran new wiring where required, worked out a couple bugs and ran a 4g wire through a 100amp breaker to the starter. My hope is this take the load off the original 10g wire that runs through the cabin. I also got a hold of a stock 280z voltmeter and replaced my original ammeter. Photos attached. Also attached photo of my interior complete with Porsc
  14. I’ve almost started a thread on here so many times, and it’s unfortunate I haven’t as the car has been through so many iterations. But better late then never! The Car. 1971 240z L28 w/ 0.040 overbore flattop pistons ARP Hardware throughout Fully Balanced P90 Head port and polished by Whitehead Performance Colt Cams c.542s cam (.491L 280D) Kameari adjustable cam gear OEM Valves 60-2 crank trigger (VR) LS2 Ignition Coils Jeep CAS for sequential 240sx Throttle Body Pallnet fuel rail 440cc Injectors P
×
×
  • Create New...