Nissan Ceramic - FF
Toyota Ceramic - FG
Akebono ProAct Ceramic- FG
Wagner ThermoQuiet Semi-Met - FG
Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic- GG
Akebono Performance Ceramic - GG
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic - GG

Other overlooked brake pad information is the FMSI code:

Friction Materials Standards Institute (FMSI) is an association that assigns numbers to different pad shapes that are used as a guideline for pad manufacturers to refer to, and bring a common numbering system to the brake pad aftermarket. Every pad manufacturer will either use the FMSI number in their numbering system or have a readily available interchange to cross-reference their part number to the FMSI number.

FMSI provides a standardized part numbering system for brake pad configuration for each manufacturer. For example:

1979 Toyota 4x4 pickup front  brake pad FMSI code is D137

1989 Nissan 240SX rear brake pad code is FMSI D272   

A Google search for FMSI pad D137 will list the pads shown in the attached picture. The FMSI number is in the lower right corner and is cross referenced to the other codes shown in the diagram.

The FMSI code is handy to use when searching for brake pads

post-178-0-33643700-1482276341_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have an Auto Garage, since we receive a lot costumer for brake job, i'm planing to order big quantity of brake pads and discs. But the problem is that i don't have the brake part numbers (OEM Numbers) for all the makes. So, where can i find all the brake part number for all makes?

Thx for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 2:52 PM, Rizwan said:

Hello,

I have an Auto Garage, since we receive a lot costumer for brake job, i'm planing to order big quantity of brake pads and discs. But the problem is that i don't have the brake part numbers (OEM Numbers) for all the makes. So, where can i find all the brake part number for all makes?

Thx for your help.

you would need to have the FMSI catalogue to help you with that, or find somebody that can help you with it, if interested you can contact me.