HybridZ

Master cylinder suggestions

M_Dragan

Hey guys! I decided to use a Nissan 350z CD009 transmission adapted to my 2jz. I was wondering if anyone knows that clutch master cylinder would both fit in the s30 body and work with the stock slave cylinder on the CD009 trans. Thanks!

On 3/2/2018 at 5:37 PM, seattlejester said:

I think the stock one should work. It is a fairly large bore if I remember.

Yeah, I would start with the stock MC, and if that doesn't work, this MC from Wilwood comes in several sizes, and you can exchange the stock actuator rod bits so it will bolt right in.  You will need an adapter to go from 1/8"npt to 10mm.

I used the stock 280z MC. It took awhile to get used the clutch. Its a fairly aggressive clutch so its a step above "on/off" but with adjustment to the rod I got it maxed out and feels decent. Comparing stock 350z MC and stock 280z MC they have the same 3/4" bore so the feel/throw should feel the same. Depending on which stage clutch you go with it will generally be a soft/low throw clutch. Unlike a stock 350z with a soft and higher throw clutch.