HybridZ

Will a 280z 2+2 work as a donor car for a 280z?

Hey guys,

I bought a 1978 280z and the interior is completely rusted out and everything will need to be replaced. We're talking everything. (dash, center console, gauges, seats, seat mounts, floor pans, etc.)

I found a 1977 280z 2+2 on craigslist that I want to buy as a donor car. My question is, will this work? I've tried to google it, but everything I've come across only talks about the body of the car.

Thanks in advance!

Most everything on the back half of the 2+2 is different. The windshield, doors, hatch rear quarters and all interior panels plus more. However, if you do buy it and want, I will take those parts off your hands for free.

The windshield is the same AFAIK (I believe it uses a different seal, but the glass is identical). Essentially, everything 100% forward of the shifter is the same, as well as the entire driveline (minus prop shaft). Everything else (may be some exceptions) is 2+2 specific.

Like others have said, from the doors back just about everything is different. The only thing you can really use at the rear is the lights, suspension, diff, fuel tank, vapor tank, filler neck, filler door... basically anything that's not a body or interior panel.

Of the stuff you've mentioned, the dash, front seats, and gauges would be the same.