HybridZ

N47 Head works with 280zxt exh Manifold?

gasboy

Alright, so my N47 has the diamond shape exhaust ports w/ Liners..

Will I be able to run the zx Turbo exhaust manifold? 

My guess Is have to run a square port gasket.. anything else come to mind?

my thoughts were it would spoil Slower, because of the liners when it reaches the manifold it would back flow into the head around the liners first, before building boost.

ill be porting my head myself, but don’t want to tear up the liners.. Anything I could Do to make this flow better? Obviously a less than optimal setup, but I’m working with a college student budget here. 

Any advice would be appreciated :)

EAC57909-078C-4AA5-A978-355B37EE6E9D.jpeg

1 hour ago, gasboy said:

my thoughts were it would spoil Slower, because of the liners when it reaches the manifold it would back flow into the head around the liners first, before building boost.

ill be porting my head myself, but don’t want to tear up the liners.. Anything I could Do to make this flow better?

That's not really how pressure works.

Apparently, Nissan got rid of the liners for the turbo engines because they tend to break free and destroy the turbo.  People do use the N47 head with turbos though.  It's just a risk.

As I understand things the flow obstructions are mostly on the intake side.

Read every post about cylinder heads by BRAAP. The liner heads can flow just fine. The liners don't inhibit flow. And a mild step up from head to primaries isn't a big deal. People put the turbo manifold on the linered p79 regularly. Not THAT many cases of liners breaking and eating the turbo. I'd be willing to bet EGTs were a bit higher than they should have been with a proper tune.... if you're that paranoid, get 6 EGT sensors installed with a red light if any cylinder gets higher than expected norms.