HybridZ

some RB Q's

Guest 280Tom'z

Guest 280Tom'z

any one know if there are any parts dealers for RBs in the states just in case something gos wrong with mine and right now i have a quote for 6g on rb26tt ECM trans and harness dose any one know better.

240Ztt replied with info on this place:

http://www.okinawaimportmotorsports.com/2002/parts/engine/main.htm

But I clicked edit and lost it! bonk.giftwak.gifbonk.giftwak.gifmalebitchslap.gif

Sorry dude! That's what you get with an ADMIN that clicks "Edit" instead of "QUOTE". Duh.

I was originally responding that for $3800 US, an RB26ETT seemed damn good. How much to boost it from 300hp to 500 or 600hp?

There's a place in NC that imports Japanese engines too. Jemco? Something with a J. Yep, that's it: http://www.jemco.com/

Anyway, 6K sounds high. 4K sounds pretty nice. I think the Jemco place had similar, sub 4K prices, but they're probably closer (depending on where this other place is located - they don't say. In fact, I couldn't find any contact info whatsoever on that site).

Guest Zpeed

sub 4k would be good...

wouldn't cost much to get it to 600hp, just about as much as it would cost to get a Supra TT to 600hp...

I've heard they have about the same power increases per mod, etc...

Jeremy,

If you delete the extra address after the dot com in the url, it will take you to their home page. That has their address and misc. info and self advertising. They are in Indy.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

i bet you could get 550++rwhp with a bigger FMIC, larger fuel injectors (maybe pump) and bigger housings on the cold side (compressor). turn up the boost!! tongue.gif

But 240ztt actually posted that URL, and I tried to reply but accidently hit "edit". Since I'm and admin, it let me edit and without thinking, I screwed up and erased what he wrote.

240ztt should get the credit. $3800 for one of those in good condition, ain't too shabby! How much for a tranny I wonder?

Guest 280Tom'z

well then hook me up Kalium how much could you get me one for. i've been hearing some bad things about this one company OIM that i was planning on going with witch i still am because i can't find a better deal but if you could hook me up with the RB26 engine with the twins on it , trans, ecu, harness, and driveshaft. for less than OIM i would kick you back some green

Guest Anonymous

im thinking of using my dads wholesale license (tax id #) to get an account with okinawa, but to get a good buy i need to purchase more than one motor. this is what i want email if your interested.

rb26dett motor

rb25det (from a gts-t) tranny AND driveshaft

rb25det oilpan and pick up.

rb20det motor mounts (from a rb20det Z31) i will be fabbing my own mounts but i think most of oyu guys want these.

NO ECU, NO HARNESS.

just a thought, wholesale is good.

If your going to bother with anything like buying wholesale motors, dont go to the tuners/garages to buy the stuff, go where they go....to auctions.

Come over to Japan and bring half-cuts andengines back, thats the way to go. Apparently the place to go is hokkaido...Havent been there yet but planing on a trip

Guest Anonymous

i dont speak japanese. my connection does, and he goes 3-6 times a year to japan. And the product is already in the states, taxes on commerce from out of the country is real strict and requires a different license. It sounds good. and halfcut rb26dett's are useless to me without the gts-t tranny.

Guest 26ounce

I have an RB question myself. I recently noticed a jap importer was selling an RB25 with a auto box.

Would an auto RB25 fit into my 260Z? If it does fit would there be any reason for me not to be interested in this swap, ie performance reduction compared to a manual?