HybridZ

1976 Wiring Connector Question

Hi All, I need your help identfying where this connector, 2 white wires and 2 blue wires would go on a 1976 280z. The car has AC. The connector is located on the drivers side of the car left of the steering column. Both wires go to the back of the connector.  I have checked the colored wiring diagrams for both a 1976 and 1977 and I cannot find where this connects to. These wires go right into the loom over by the turn signal relay.

I would rather not take the dashboard out to find where this connects to, but if I have to I will. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Perhaps someone could share me their thoughts by refering to the wiring diagram so I could refer to it on my end. Thanks in advance.

IMG_2418.JPG

Have yo used a meter to see which are grounds and which have power?  That's a lot easier than removing the dash.

Details on the car would help.  Does it run?  Are there things that don't do what they're supposed to do?

Thank you for your response. The 1976 4 speed, fuel injection w/ac did run before I tore out the dashboard. I got the dash back in and reconnecting wires and came across this connector. Right now its not running. I plan on spending time later today to investigate  bad grounds and unconnected wires. I will check with a meter also. 

Thank you NewZed, you are right. I found the other loose connector under there with the black/yellow, white/red, bk/gr and black hanging there. I guess the question is why my wires are blue and the ones shown are green in the diagram. My blue wires have not been cut or splices in so they look original. Have to investigate further because I am very eager to learn. 

There's a whole thread over on another forum about mistakes we've found in the wiring diagrams.  Looks you've ID'ed a new one.

Use a meter though first and check continuity to the plug at the fuel injection relay to be sure.  If you're not positive.  Always possible that Nissan used two similar plugs, to different things.  You might have the blue wire plug plugged in to something else.

• 2 years later...
On 4/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, pat280z said:

Hi All, I need your help identfying where this connector, 2 white wires and 2 blue wires would go on a 1976 280z. The car has AC. The connector is located on the drivers side of the car left of the steering column. Both wires go to the back of the connector.  I have checked the colored wiring diagrams for both a 1976 and 1977 and I cannot find where this connects to. These wires go right into the loom over by the turn signal relay.

I would rather not take the dashboard out to find where this connects to, but if I have to I will. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Perhaps someone could share me their thoughts by refering to the wiring diagram so I could refer to it on my end. Thanks in advance.

IMG_2418.JPG

Where exactly is this coming from. I seem to having the opposite problem you were having. I found the one below the steering column but I'm unable to find this particular connection that is in the picture