-INTERCOOLER

-FUEL PUMP

-BOV (WANT NOT NEED)

-SDS COMPUTER

IF YOU THINK I NEED OTHER THINGS LET ME KNOW

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE

-GRIFFEN RAD

-R200 FROM AN 200SX TURBO NOT LSD:(

IM GOING TO ORDER SOME INTERCOOLER CORE BUT I HAYE A QUESTION SHOULD I MAKE IT LIKE THIS

--------------------

-

||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||

-

--------------------

OR LIKE THIS

------------------

/ -----------------

--| ----------------- |--

--| ----------------- |--

----------------- /

-------------------

MY TURBO BOOK TOLD ME TO MAKE IT WITH MORE TUBES LIKE THE FIRST ONE WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

sorry for the bad pic, No I was trying to draw a vertical and horizontal tube intercooler, with the horizontal you can fit more shorter tubes = better flow than less longer tubes

the inlet would be on the drivers side and exit on the pass side

Guest Zachb55

Hey brad, looks like your off to a good start, i would go up and down instead of side to side, but they may cost more, so its up to what you feel like spending...

Where do you live? and where are you getting your engine?

Guest JAMIE T

Where did you get your parts from? I'm slightly interested in doing this swap. I was looking at Okinawa Import Motorsports. Let us know!!!

The guy I’m buying from lives in Japan and sends jdm motors to his dad in Reno Nevada. He is the same guy who is trying to sell that RB26 on Ebay, just do a search for rb26 on Ebay. I think he has 2 or 3 RB26’s now for sale.

The motor mounts is the only thing he is still looking for, I told him they are out of a late 80’s 300zx fairlady with an RB20

He normally sells the RB26’s to people with 240SX’s with all the mounts to make it work. This is the first time he is supplying all the parts to install on in a 240Z all for 6500$

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

I’m putting coilover in my car this week and now need a new stub because the threaded part broke off with the nut.

Do you guys think I should go with an SDS and if I do will some one help me make a map to start with? STONY/RB26Z????

Brad,

you want an I/C with the top drawing you made. If you have 2 I/Cs with an identical core size of 18x8, the core that has many 8" tubes will flow more than the one that has less 18" tubes. The key is the volume that can leave the end-tank and enter the tubes and that is determined by the total area of all the open tube ends in the end-tank. See the pic I just posted in the discussion about catch-cans in MIsc.

sds is really good and has worked for me but it has its limitations. if i did it all over again i would go with some type of laptop EMS and datalogging setup. if you plan on modding it over time it will be cheaper in the long run to go with a high end EMS/Datalogger because you will save the time and money on the dyno. and congrats on teh motor its and ausome swap.

Im honestly suprised that you found that many. They are still relatively rare in Japan...and expensive. My friend said that he could have gotten two 300ZX Z31's for the price he paid for his 200ZR.

Although they arent as rare as the 300ZR of course....

Guest Anonymous

Just a quick question will those engine mounts work or will you still have to do some mods to them? same goes for the sump (oilpan) and if they do just bolt in perfect does anyone know if it would work the same for a 280zx?

i was looking at a aeromotive A1000 fuel pump good for up to 700hp and a reg and filter from them as well. do you think this would be a good pump?

This is how i was going to do my fuel set up tell me what you think.

*stock fuel tank with a 1/2" line down low for feed 1/2" line up high for return and keep the 1/8" tube on top for a vent. then weld up all the other holes

*get some fuel foam jambed in the tank to stop sloch

*from the lower 1/2" line-filter-pump---reg-rail----return to top 1/2"line

would this set up work?

can i use that hard line or must i use braided ss hose?

thanks

also who is going step up and sell that AMC/zx CV shaft set up? or anything in the rear end, r230 kit? strong no spacer cv's?????

Fuel system sounds like overkill to me. 1/2inch line is like -10 right? Trust me, even for an EFI pump it takes awhile to fill :rolleyes: Also, that pump is a big thing, like a coffee can right? Expect it to be LOUD! WAZZAT'? I said LOOUUDD! twak.gif If this is the one I'm thinking of it won't draw fuel very well and can overheat and burnout. I could be wrong on the pump but those big race-car pumps do NOT like constant running. Look for a more pedestrian pump like the GNs use. Hopefully it'll be much more quiet and possibly cheaper too. Scottie could probably give you a good lead on a pump IMO.

Hi all,

I'm using a Bosch Motorsport fuel pump, and is working well, its the 044 Bosch one (there are more than one Bosch Motorsport fuel pumps)

Make sure that you are not solid mounting the pump to the body, otherwise it will drive you crazy with the noise.

Dont forget that I'll need a surge tank for your fuel system also.