HybridZ

Is this oil pan proper for an RB26 swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

d359439-img600x450-1031047028p1010029.jpg

d359439-img600x450-1031047079p1010030.jpg

found this browsing through the yahoo japan auctions. Its been modded a bit, but Im guessing that the deep part of the sump is still in the front. For a Z application this is the part that needs to be in the rear behind the engine cross member correct? Looks like a hell of a lot of fab work. Maybe someone needs to make up some custom ones ;) Anyway thanks for the info.

Charlie

It appears to be the GT-R oil pan with the holes for the front axle covered with something like a brass plug and the mounting ears/etc for the front diff have been ground off.

This should not be useable in the Z unless you eliminate the front crossmember and convert to AWD. One option is the Z31 RB20DET oil pan and pickup both modified. Another is the RB30DET modified to clear the cross member. Those two options are what Stony and Cuong did.

I am still looking for alternatives.

-Bob

Guest Anonymous

will work in a 240sx ehh...? I actually just got rid of my sx, a damn kid ran through a redlight and slammed into me. I had that car for several years. I was going to sell it anyway, but accidents suck. The engine bay on the 240sx doesnt have the benefit of size like the Z does.

Externally, how much bigger is the 26 from the RB20. I have seen quite a few RB20s put into S13s, they fit tight, but ok.