HybridZ

another confused swapper

Guest livewire23

Guest JAMIE T

That F-body is not supercharged. It just shares the same 3.8L V6 as the superchargered versions. BTW, I'm about to do a L28ET in one of my 240Z's. I've got lots of fabrication and swap experience, but I like the L6 alot. I have a LT1/6spd to put in one of my Z's in the future as well.

Guest livewire23

yea, Im starting to think L28et too. People have been telling me that although the 1JZ is under 2000, its probably gonna take at least 1g or so to fabricate all the parts to install it. I figure that with all the money I save, I could put in a new fuel pump, intercooler, injectors, BOV etc.. for the L6 right when i install it. That way it would be good for 280hp right off the bat. How many lbs of boost do you think I'll need?

I am not sure that there was a supercharged RWD 3800 series engine. at least not from the factory. but i dont see why you couldnt put the SC from a fwd 3800 onto a RWD 3800. The only thing i think you would run into may be having to drop the compression ratio on the RWD engine for the SC.

I like the 3800 SC because my pops has a Buick Riviera with one under the hood, the engine is powerful and feels smooth as glass when you get into the throttle.

just my opinion though. I'll probably end up with a SBC in my Z, just because it is easier and less expensive. Once i get more money (ie. good job) then i may look into putting a higher dollar engine in.

later,

Joe

why doesnt anyone do a buick 455 w/ aluminum heads...weighs the same as a smallblock and did i mention 700 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm...and it was this high before too because the dyno couldnt pick it up so maybe it coulda been higher ...

=) gotta love it

Guest livewire23

man, you guys are all nuts. I ask whats a good 280hp motor, and im thinking people will list motors with around 300 lb ft of torque. But 700 lb ft of torque. :eek: I'll end up ripping myself to shreds. weird.gif

cheers cheers.gif

-kito

lol....

(you should know that the people here are power maniacs...)

check out the Quad cam lexus thread right below this one...(Edit: now i feel stupid, i just realized that you've already posted there...)

280 HP stock with lots of room to grow...

Joe