HybridZ

Front Subframe/Frame rail Rust

Currently upgrading my suspension and brakes. Remove the from tow brackets and found a good amount of rust on bothsides. Located just above the front sway bar location. I searched the forums and didn't find anything showing how this part tackled. I know 12 guage replacement pieces are sold for the sway bar location but haven't found any for the rest of this section. Ill eventually need to address rust on the radiator support. Pointers are appreciated 

20200914_222507.jpg

Just judging from that picture alone, the rust situation doesn't look bad.  Have often seen much worse in the inner fenderwell area.  As long as the integrity of the metal isn't compromised, you should be able to do the standard neutralize and paint procedure.  I like this Eastwood product for getting into frame rails and hard to reach places:  https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-internal-frame-coating-14oz-aerosol.html?SRCCODE=PLA00010&gclid=CjwKCAjwkoz7BRBPEiwAeKw3q_J7HiD9mdYO_2hO3fMdcduU45KBE7VH2shUP4yQIzkvbZgxhZ6RQhoCV6AQAvD_BwE

I haven't seen many off-the-shelf patch panels for that exact area, other than the Bad Dog sway bar reinforcement plates that you already know about.  For replacement radiator core support panels, there's a vendor (based in the UK) on FB that reproduces several hard-to-find S30 shell panels.  I think their FB name is "Kim Mays", and I've seen their ads on a couple of the Datsun pages.