HybridZ

ztrix or other widebody kits

tgnelly

Hello everyone!

I'm looking into getting a widebody kit(focusing on ztrix) and wanted to see everyones build that has gone this route. Also wondering what wheels and tires you were able to go with to make the fitment look correct.

I currently have an LS/t56 in my z and will be using it for track/sunday driving. I have invincible extremes rear 8.8 swap and front mustang spindles so I can use mustang brembos for the front brakes. But that limits wheel size as 18 inches are the smallest that you can go to fit brembos(from what I've read). 

Would love to see your widebody/flare builds and any opinions are welcome. I'm really leaning towards ztrix yz kit as I love the look but its quite the commitment. pic as reference. 

ztrix race show 5 pc widebody.jpg

ive had my eye on the Brinkworth kit. Also in the process of installing the 8.8 kit. Wanted a square stance and according to the guys at fitment industries, they recommend 18x10.5. Would need a spacer to make it flush according to them. Im not running brembo style.

• 5 months later...

Rich has used ztrix for at least two builds, and they always come out looking great. https://www.youtube.com/@BuiltByRich. The Brinkworth body kit had its moment, but was quickly overshadowed by the Rocket Bunny kit when it released on the FuguZ. If you're only interested in widebody fender kits (not fender flares), you only have one main option.

If you were to consider classic (and much more legit) styles, you have:

I have personally spent a small fortune purchasing kits JUST to see what they look like. The stuff shipped from Japan is BY FAR the best quality in fit and materials. Ztrix ships heavy duty and strong parts that are great for further customization, but they don't always fit perfectly unless you work them in. John Washington (ztrix) is a standup guy. He'll work with you on anything you need and may even do something custom for you. When it comes to Brinkworth, it begs the question....why not just go with Rocket Bunny? Pandem kits will help your car appreciate, and I'm not sure a Brinkworth kit would do that. As far as I know Brinkworth isn't taking new orders. 

I recommend building your car out before worrying about wheels and tires. Each kit will fit a completely different offset. Otherwise, there are like years worth of resources in other threads. 

Edited by idiot280

I have a Ztrix fiberglass hood and hatch. The lightest I have found, and I did ask around. If that’s important to you, don’t get distracted. Ask about the weight. 

Both pieces have been finished with sealer, paint, the works. You will need to make some minor adjustments, but overall I’m pleased.