HybridZ

period correct slotted mag wheels

I am a forum noob that, after much online searching with no luck, is hoping that the deep and broad experiences available here may have some advice if not answers. I am recent owner of a new (to me) 260Z (1/74 build date) with stock 4x114.3mm wheel hubs. I am on a quest to find a set (4) of 15x7 slotted mag wheels that look like the photo at the link below. (16x7 *may* also work.) These were common for these cars at the time, though then typically with a 14-in. diameter. Motorsports in Orange, CA, has a listing for them but no information about IF much less WHEN they may become available.
www.thezstore.com/product/4707/msa-flashback-slotted-15x7-wheel-kit-70-85-z-zx
Any and all suggestions are welcome. Many thanks in advance!

Yep, the slotted mags have been a very popular (and good-looking) choice on the Zs for a long time.  As you mentioned, 13” and 14” were historically the most common, but 15” are certainly available.  You will need to do some digging, and it may take some time to locate; as I honestly can’t recall seeing any new in a long time.  Keep an eye on eBay, the Datsun forums (e.g. Ratsun.net), and all the Datsun pages on FB.  Also…FYI, old Triumphs use the same 4x4.5” lug pattern as the Z uses.  Good luck in your search!

American Racing Ansen Sprint wheels 15" 4 x 4.5 bolt pattern

https://www.americanracingequipment.ca/product/wheels/vn69-ansen-sprint/

Check with American Racing to see if they are still available.  I bought mine at Summit Racing, but they are out of stock. Shop around.

My z pictured

1972 240 SBC V8 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Miles