HybridZ

Anyone using a hybrid T3/T04?

R0N

Here's my problem, the manufacture didn't tell me I had to get a spacer and modify the internal wastegate controller (don't know name =)). He only mentioned that I had to get a new down pipe. Has anyone purchase a T3/T04 and had to modify your wastegate to make it fit. As you can see on the picture if I was able to get the wastegate part bolted it would not clear the intake manifold.

Has anyone experience this problem or not? Your answer will be very important to me because of me dealing with the seller.

Thank You!

sadturbo.jpg

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: R0N ]

quote:

Originally posted by Evan Purple240zt:

Ron, my turbo fits right on wanna trade?

Im sure thats a no, but seriously your pic didnt post and id like to see it!

Evan
icon_biggrin.gif

OOPS>... i didnt wait long enough for it to post! A spacer should be relatively easy to make man, just take your time. icon_smile.gif

PSS... dont you want to run some sort of external gate?

The wastegate looks misplaced to me. The wastegate on my T3/TO4 is in the same relative position as the stock actuator (I'm running the same wastegate and actuator as I did stock). With what you show, it's no surprise it won't clear - can you remount it below the compressor outlet? If not, can you use a 280ZXT wastegate actuator and internal wastegate instead?

The problem is that he has given you a retarded wastegate actuator. You need a different wastegate actuator that does not place it so far above the compressor housing. You will need a spacer as the TO4E will not directly bolt up to your stock setup. It is best to use about .25" spacer and will require that you swap the studs out.

Thank You everyone for your reply. So far I have a spacer and put longer studs. The turbo mounts fine without the wastegate actuator which is the problem. I wanted to see how many of you came across this problem or not. This is what the seller emailed me referring the wastegate and that I had to modify the wastegate and no one sells it with you doing modifications to the wastegate...

"This modification is in no way to be bolt on. Nobody does!, you can ask all your Z owners and if they ever did a bolt on...nobody! nobody!...its a modification."

So guy's what do you think, is it true or not. I don't thing this is true but have to here it from you guy's first.

I am hoping to get more response so I can prove to this person that he is wrong.

Thanks Again!

Ron, I have the exact same turbo you purchased and probably through the same supplier. Anyway, I am taking mine tomorrow to have the stock T3 housing (slightly ported) put on so i can use Scotty's downpipe. As far as the wastegate...it is in a $hitty place. I have to have another bracket made or modify the existing one (also being done tomorrow). Motor and tranny are in, driveshaft shortened (cause I used the T-5), manifolds are mounted and after the turbo is modded tomorrow, the SDS gets hooked up and intercooler plumbing is next on the agenda... I'm getting so close I can almost taste it!!

OK, enough about me...