HybridZ

Turbo PCV troubles

zboi

I'm experiencing some high crankcase pressure when in boost, to the point where I have oil coming from the dipstick (seal on that is worn out so I can maybe fix that) and also also shooting like a jet out of the timing cover to cylinder head junction. The timing chain to cylinder head junction is due to the head gasket having torn there. Now I'm not 100% as I haven't been able to look at the leak under boost, but the aftermath is oil getting all the way to the firewall and shock towers with oil puddles at that gasket junction, so I'm suspecting there is some high pressure involved.
My current PCV is the factory block tube to manifold, PCV valve seems to work fine from the me blowing in it test, and then a valve cover breather. I see people recommending instead of the breather going to the air filter, but I just have a cone filter directly on the turbo, and not sure how I would achieve that.
Is there any other advice how to remedy this? I really really don't want to pull the head to replace that gasket, and it does not leak at all while not under boost (plus this would just make the next weakest link leak. I'm surprised that the pressure isn't relieved by the valve cover breather honestly. 
Compression is showing pretty good 165 on 5 cylinders 175 on another, but no idea on what the mileage on this motor is.

Probably also important, the engine is a L28, and the PCV valve is the factory one (as far as I know). I just read there is supposedly a difference in the turbo and non-turbo PCV valve. Is that true?

Edited by zboi

I just tried driving around with the block breather hose disconnected, which would be analogous of the dual vents/catch cans. Still have the leak showing up and only under boost. I'm thinking this is bad valve stem seals, I can smell the oil start to leak and burn as soon as the boost starts kicking in good. I also had the breather hose positioned where I could see it while driving, and didn't notice any crazy amount of mist or smoke. However, after doing some boosted runs I see some white smoke in the valve cover area, and it smells like burning oil. 

Yep I got smoke on cold starts, and the car is hard to start after sitting. Also seen oil on spark plug threads. I had gotten a felpro gasket set for the timing chain job I did, so may as well pull the head and replace all those seals. It will at the very least stop the oil from getting all over the engine bay and onto my header.