HybridZ

280zx with z31 rear hubs

Hey guys I know these been covered alot but iam still kinda confused so I got an 82 280zx 2 seater iam wanting to swap an z31 r200 lsd with turbo axles since there stronger iam trying to get the diff axles hubs stub axles and the flanges are they basically bolt in like anything else needed or stuff like that and also has anyone done that swap and used z32 cailpers in rear 

Edited by 1982 280zx

The Differential will swap but you have to look at the flange that the driveshaft bolts up too. If yours is round, you will have to swap that over(FYI, it doesnt just pull off, you need some sort of puller. Even just a 3 jaw puller from harbor freight). The 300zx half shafts and stub axles i do not believe swap over. If you want something stronger than universal joint half shafts you need to source 280zxt companion flanges and CV-joints. I have custom made stub axles that allow me to run 300zxt cv joints. The company that made mine are out of business. Z car depot might make something. If you do the 280zxt cv joints, they will work in any R-200 (longnose) Diff. And you will only need the 280zxt inner stub axle (called companion flange). Your stock outer stub axle is the same as a 280zxt. Which if you are running alot of HP (400+) and a stick shift. The outer stub axle is your week point. If your under 300hp you will be fine.

I had both square and round flanges from a 76 and a 78 propeller shaft (what Nissan calls the center longitudinal driveshaft) and a variety of diffs with round and square flanges and they all interchanged.  There are definitely different bolt patterns but you can't tell by the shape of the flange.  Best to measure.

Watch out for the 88 viscous LSD.  Different axles.  Shiro.