HybridZ

Anyone ported a stock T3 exhaust?

SleeperZ

I was wondering what the internal wastegate looked like, so I took off the cover from my T3/T04 turbo. The flapper appears to be large compared to the hole it covers.

Has anyone tried to grind out the hole? How much could be ground out without affecting the sealing of the flapper? What benefits would one be expected to see? Any issues with grinding it out with the turbine still in the turbo housing?

I'm getting real close to reassembling everything and putting into the car. Psyched to turn up the boost with an intercooler !! :D

Definitely have to have the turbine/housing separated if you're even goin to try it - tolerances very close.

What do you hope to gain? Can't guesstimate the engineering effects that the larger area uncovered vs. ability of stock actuator to operate.

Going to higher levels of boost, it doesn't take much to bleed off enough, unless you go supersize on compressor. If you're goin that far better off w/a separate wastegate.