HybridZ

Turbo build up questions

PETEW

I am in the process of getting all my parts together for my turbo build up in my '77 Z. So far I have

'83 turbo engine (complete car running)

NPR intercooler

Scotties Downpipe (should get it next week)

Urethane bushing kit ('77 280Z)

Suspension Tech. springs ('77 280Z)

KYB struts

I am trying to get the rest of the parts for the enigne build up and just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

I have a lead on a '90 240sx Throttle body (that will be a 60mm right??) is there anything else I should ask for with it. Throttle cable, or any linkage? Or should I just go with a 300ZX TB? The non-turbos were 55mm,right?

I am also trying to get a BOV from a 1st gen DSM (Talon). I am trying to get one for $45 with shipping. I asked for the flange as well. Is there anything else I need?

I think the only thing I need to get yet is larger injectors, some intercooler piping and brackets, and a larger fuel pump, and I should be ready. If I am missing something or you have opinions on my build up, please let me know. Thanks for all your time and help guys.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

adjustable boost controller,might want to get a bypass valve that can also be a pop-off valve...i take for granted you already have a real(20-30psi)boost gauge.....if you want to get really large... an engine/fuel mgmt system and larger injectors.... ...s

• 7 years later...

If you want I can show you my Cable throttle linkage it was so friggin easy to build. I used the Stock armature at the firewall and just made a loop with Moutainbike Brake Cable and used a Wire crimp to hold loop together then ran "X" amount of inches to the throttle body to which I added a Maxima throttle cable holder thingy lol witha nut and lock washer used the TB springs for tension and vwala throttle cable suppper easy and the test pound of the brake cable was liek 160Pounds which I doubt I'll ever step on the gas with all my weight LOL I just use ankle pressure and its max'd

Sad part is the car is still not together. I have been so busy with our house (1700's farm house) that I have not worked on the car for 5 years. I also have been putting in time to the 240Z I now have. I am so much more overboard with the 280Z it isn't even funny. Too many I might as well moments.