HybridZ

Mk63 Brake Bleeder Screws

I recently discovered that my 260z was upgraded back in the early '80s with Sumitomo MK63 / FIA 4-piston front brakes. This is great except parts are difficult to come by and I need to rebuild them. 

I found most everything I need even new pistons from an auction site in Japan (Januce.com) except for the bleeder screws that are NLA. They are an odd design with the conical end cut flat and a dimple ground into it to push against a steel ball that closes the fluid outlet on the caliper. 

I was thinking of machining a modern bleeder screw to match this design. Does anyone have any suggestions, opinions or cautions?

mk63_bleeder_screw.jpg

If you know the thread pitch of the bleed screws, could using "speed bleeders" be an optional replacement?

http://www.speedbleeder.com/main.htm

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-280040erl

The Sumitomo MK63 looks like a slimmer version of the Toyota 4x4 pickup calipers.

Is the Sumitomo MK63  a direct bolt-on replacement for the stock Datsun calipers?

Another option would be to use the 1979 Toyota 4x4 pickup front calipers for solid rotors which are plentiful and cheap.  Using Carbotech AX6 pads with the Toyota calipers works well with my set up:

• 15/16 MC
  • 9 inch dia 280z booster.  Swapped the 240z brake pedal push rod into the 280z booster for stock connection to brake pedal. 
  • Front: Toyota calipers for solid rotors. Used SS braided line to connect hard line to caliper to eliminate the Toyota "S" tube.
  • Rear: 89 240sx rear calipers with 1984 non-turbo 300zx rotors
  • Carbotech AX6 pads front and rear