HybridZ

Electric Turbo?

Guest Anonymous

This auction is for an electronic turbo that has the capability of producing over 600cfm when used with the right set-up

OMFG. 600cfm. Ya, right, with 0psi pressure. Try 10 cfm at 1 psi. Can you say "intake restriction"?

This auction is for the turbo only beacuse everything you need to install can be obtained at a local hardware store very inexpensively
rolleyesg.gif Yeah, including the squirrel cage "turbo".

I have nothing against people making a buck. Let the buyer beware.

We are in the wrong business!!!! once you get to his web page click on view seller's other items. I have a 21 foot Bayliner out back I am parting it out!!!! How much is a bilge pump worth to keep our floors from getting wet.

Yeah Dave you're probably right. I had a wind-powered generator on my 1939 Luscombe (airplane) that kept the battery charged for radio & lights use; items that weren't on it originally, and it had no provision for engine-mounted generator or starter (magneto ignition, hand-prop start). The generator hung down on a bracket under the plane and its small prop was turned by being pushed through the air. Maybe I should have explored switching it into a motor mode to help with the short-field take offs (the engine was only 65hp).

An electric turbo doesn't sound very efficient, but how about a driveshaft-driven compressor for filtered pressurized air stored into tanks which could augment a conventional turbo system, especially with valving to distribute the stored charge to combat turbo lag...DAW

Is the guy hiding bidders names yet?

They had a guy on another major DSM board that busted one of these guys be emailing the winner and telling her she was essentially a "dumb ass".

After that, they started hiding the bidders names. Read feedback on the people before you bid.