HybridZ

Exhaust header!

jeffp

Hi everyone, I was looking on zcar today and this guy is saying he can make a header to fit the T3 exhaust turbine housing and a T4 housing. Both units are equal length header primary tubes. The T3 setup has square ports with a 1 1/2" pirmary tube. The T4 setup is 1 5/8" tubes. Both setups require an external waste gate installed on them. and now that I thought of it, where would you think the best place would be for the waste gate to be installed, keep in mind this is a header type configuration, so there is a limited place to install a waste gate.

What do you think the gains would be with this setup. I know the pulses from the exhaust will be better, and I am relatively sure it will breath better then the stock manifold (at the exhaust port inlet to the manifold).

I dont know many people running a header so the real life data is not to available.

What do you think it would do on the car? I was contemplating the 1 1/2" primary tubes, it seems to me they would provide a better velocity for the pulses coming out of the exhaust.

I would be willing to do this setup on my car if

I can get better efficency of the exhaust to drive the exhaust turbine.

I've already got an e-mail from the guy, here is what he sent me.

will send pictures as soon as possible. The price for the 1.5"/T3 header is $800 and the 1.625"/TO4 header is $900. The header is currently in pre-production and finish prototyping. Hopefully by the end of October they will be ready to ship. Thanks for your inquiry!

I love to see something from this. I sent 4 hours today porting my stock manifold. Still if the power is there from this then it might be worth swapping out.

I thought we had someone on the board working on a header for us turbo guys.

That is a lot of dough to spend for a header, and I wonder if we could just not make our own for that kind of money.

You big money guys have at it, I will wait and see.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I have a long tube header on my turbo car with a T3 and guy's...I love it. The lag is just not there I am heavy into the boost threshold by 2500 rpm and with my ported intake and match ported head on the header stock turbo and injection with a 75hp shot of NOS it whent 11.49@ 119mph. I got a pic of it but I dont know it its gonna come up here but Ill try...nope it dont work who can I send them too??

Alex Costa

Precision Machined Engines

1-800-665-0405