HybridZ

Turbo Charge my Civic...

Mikelly

Guys, I drive as a commutor a little 1990 Civic Hatchback... 1.5 liter fresh rebuilt with a 5speed... I'd like to give it a little pep...

Is there an adapter flange for the manifold, or a manifold that has a turbo adapter, and does anyone know of what parts I'd need to put together a small turbo kit for this thing???

Mike :cool:bonk.gif2thumbs.gif

You need to look for Drag or Rev Hard manufacturing they both sell mainfolds that will accept a t-3 based turbo. You might be able to find a kit that is easier and almost as cheap as putting everything together yourself. There are so many Civics on the road that all thier parts are much cheaper than parts for our cars.

Guest Anonymous

A non VTEC 1.5? check into what a stateside 1.6 SOCH VTEC sells for i think you would be suprised at how quick your car would be with just an engine swap. OH and Greddy makes a smog legal turbo kit for these motors.I saw a 92 hatchback with an 80 hp shot of nitrous ( to the wheels) run a 13.2, with a 1.6 SOHC VTEC conversion.

Guest m35514h

well you could do a junk yard turbo setup

Basically you order a parts setup for an exhaust manifold to fit your engine, and go buy a turbo from a junkyard. Order charge piping off of summit get a mitsubishi eclipse blow off valve, and fab it all up and there you go.

Get a manifold from a CRX HF, get a turbo flange welded to it. Get a junkyard turbo. Get some exhaust piping from a parts store. Get some silicone hoses from a truck store. Get BOV from eclipse/talon/laser. Only thing you have to do is get more fuel to it and manage the air/fuel ratio.