HybridZ

'87 supra intercooler

Guest eric-z

what do you guys think of this intercooler I found one from a junkyard, should I grab it? looks like it would be relatively easy to put in because it has the inlet and outlet both on the same side. I don't have a turbo Z yet but I am looking into geting it turbocharged so it probably won't be running any huge hp numbers for a while. thanks for the input.

eric

Guest Dan0myte

The intercooler from the 87-92 Supra is one of the worst flowing ones you can find in a junkyard. If it's free, why not, but I wouldn't pay a cent for it.

Look around for a MX6 Turbo or a Daytona/Laser Turbo. They're pretty abundant in junkyards and will have much better intercoolers than that Supra piece of junk.

There are MKIII guys making 350+ hp to the wheels on them and one guy had dyno sheets before and after adding an HKS cooler and the HP didn't go up much. I don't know why you would say they don't flow, there's like 25 tubes, there wouldn't be to much of a pressure drop. Don't know how efficient they are though. As far as "OE" intercoolers go they aren't bad.