HybridZ

intercoolin aint easy.

fl327

man i have to move everything for this thing to fit, and i still have to get the intercooler modded! fan wont clear the tb pipe, great

intercooler bumps the back of 280z turn signals, fabulous, i have to take more angle grinder shots at the front support to get a pipe to go through,

rad! i have to relocate the coil to get a decent pipe to clear without adding a 45 degree bend, magnificent! i have to relocate the air filter setup on my car, either have to add a bend or shorten the pipe so i dont have cold air anywhere, fresh!!!!! man i didnt know it was gonna be like this, but i wouldnt care either way, its gonna be nice in the end...dang npr mAN..........

O the joys of I/C plumbing.. just wait till you get it all done, then spend the summer tweeking it when a pipe keeps blowing off!! :mad::mad:

I wanted to shoot my car after a while of fighting i/c pipes blowing off under boost... A tweek here, a tweek there...22 more malebitchslap.gif tweeks..WAAHLAAA!! working i/c pipes! 2thumbs.gif

Ah... I love my car again!

Enjoy!

I've been there with you ZR8ED.

Len, save yourself some headachs and embaressment. Go to Napa and get some T-Bolt clamps. Thats the cheapest place I've ever found to get them. Even if you don't get the T-bolt kind then they have some of the regular ones that are 5/8" or so wide and do a much better job than the regular ones that you would buy at a Pepboys or something like that. The 5/8" ones are not much more expensive then the cheap ones and they hold much better.

uglyfront.jpg

I never got it right..

Man, my car is screaming for a paint job, and an intercooler alignment... I opted to weld a bead around the inlet/outlet pipes. The hose with cloth in it seems to do a lot better at not slipping, although I have this one 3-2 1/2" reducer at the throttle body that is pretty heavy duty rubber that seems to stay well with a set of T bolt clamps, and no bead. Nothing near 25psi, but it has seen 15, and the ocational - Ooops a vacuum hose must have come off 20 or so psi.. Will definately be replacing my bottom end because of those times, oh well get to go bigger this time.

Lemme know if someone in my area is looking to rid of a L28 bottom end, I've got a set of turbo pistons to drop pop in.

Best of luck getting things aligned better than me, give me some advice after you get it right :D

Tony,

I hope you have a lock on that I/C hehe.. Look like someone could just walk by and jank it right out and kept walking hehe.. Anyway I am in the process of doing the plumbing for my I/C on my 79 280ZXT and I already waste more than 2 days from just planning.

I am working on plumbing a spearco on my Zx and it has been a major haedache. Of course, if I wasn't using 2.5 in pipes it would have been easier.

Napa has some heavy duty hose clamps that cost about 5 bucks a piece that work very well, and RRE has some stainless hose clamps that work real well too.

You may or may not know this, but blowing an intercooler line is not good for your turbo, so I would make sure I had mine secured.

I feel your pain, trust me.