HybridZ

1 3/4 blockhugger YES!!

John Scott

Full length wasn't going to work in my case and after reading up, very little power difference with block huggers IF you run through full exhaust and mufflers. Rewarder Headers makes a REALLY nice header. I'd advise to have them shipped with collectors loose and two radius pipes to configure your own collector placement. One tube hit the steering slightly so I shortened the collector lenghth .25" Still might need a small dimple. Passenger side clears everything, but need to relocate wiring up. Fantastic plug clearance with straight plugs AFR 195s (they make an angle model, too) Thick flanges made to your exhaust gasget. I'm going to tack them the way I like then ship them back for coating. Been pulling them in and out with the engine in place.

John

Doh, I bought a set of these and the driver's side came out great. Unfortunatly when the muffler shop went to fit the passenger side they claimed it hit! :( Their service is top notch though and I think the passenger side will work if I do it myself. I wouldn't have had to have the muffler shop involved except that when they welded my headers and sent them back they were angled and not straight down like my existing ones :( When working with Rewarder be VERY specific and don't assume. They're good people but you have to tell them what you want or they will assume. bonk.gif

Not sure why my driver's side rubs the steering and BLKMGK's don't, variences in the build, I suppose. I'd recommend having the driver's side built with a tighter radius, with the collector about 1/2" more toward the block, again with out collector flange and a radius pipe to place the flange where you want it. Otherwise, like BLKMGK's they will have the collector aiming toward the oil pan. Having mine welded up today.

John

• 5 months later...

John, how did these work out?

I'm considering the 1-3/4" primary 2.5" collector BH1020 headers to be able to possibly bolt up to my existing exhaust in place of my Hooker 2100 block huggers.

Any tips past what you wrote here to get them to fit well past everything?

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I'd like to revive this tpoic as well, since I'm STILL looking for some headers as well... I'd LOVE to keep my 2.5 inch exhaust that I was using with the FlowTech 1 5/8th Block Huggers...

John, What say You???

Mike :D