HybridZ

Downpipe???

Cody 82 ZXT

Well, Back to my downpipe build. I fianally got the pipe and it's sitting in my computer room right now. As soon as I get finished with a couple more projects I'll get started on my DP for my car. If it turns out good and doesn't take a year for me to build then I'll look into if anyone wants another one made that is just bare bones.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I had my flanges made locally, and they were cheap, about 20 bucks for 2 plus tax, out of mild steel. I had to do a slight amount of grinder work, but they work.

I am going to have these guys make me a torque plate out of aluminum one day soon.

They told me they could cut 6 in thick steel with their flame cutting thing, thats all I know. :?

• 4 weeks later...

I fianlly finished my 3" maderal bent downpipe. Let me tell you it makes a huge difference in the torque and HP output. Not only that it sounds awesome. I looked at the back half of the exhaust and it's total crap. I'm going to order more pipe and do the back half aswell to replace the 3" crush bent system that has been on there for years.

My next project is going to be 3.5 inch. :shock:

I am glad that the DP is making a difference. I think the 3 inch mandrel system is the best bang for the buck on a turbo Z car. I like the sound, and I like the increased spool up speed.

Get a good muffler, I have a Hooker Max flo, and it sounds good, but I also like the Walker Ultra Flow round one too, and it is easier to stick up in there. Max Flo was 50 bucks from Summit. You will really like the sound you get then.

Put a cam in there for some real sounds. :lol: