HybridZ

Pics of 240z Conversion

Thanks for the feedback. we are going to try and finish the car so we can make it to the next MSA meet in May. It is my son's car so I'll have to beg him to let me drive it once in a while. That is OK as I have a very clean stock 72 240Z daily driver I am going to convert this summer.

I plan on using a crate engine for my conversion. I would appreciate any advice you have on crate engine sources. I want a "ready to drop in" complete 72 300 hp sbc. My plan is to have the car ready and take a week off from work to do the engine swap.

Miles

Fairlady 327

Unfortunately, there is not enough room to mount a mechanical fuel pump. We are using an electric fuel pump wired to the elusive stock "green wire". I found that the green wire starts taped up at the gas tank and terminates in a taped bundle just behind and to the left of the 72 fuse box. I did not install the JTR oil pressure cut out switch for the fuel pump. I am going to use an inertial cut out switch that chops all power in the event of an accident. I would have prefered a mechanical fuel pump.

lookin' good, miles!! nice pics! and that's an affirmative on using a mechanical fuel pump with the msa kit. a good friend of mine has a 72 240Z with a 400 installed, using the msa kit. it sits back a good bit farther than my 377 with the hooker/scarab kit, but not as far back or as low as the jtr kit. personally, i like the msa kit a lot more than my hooker/scarab kit.