HybridZ

Help on Injectors Please

Idnevno

The early Supra intercoolers do not flow well. Get a Spearco or at least a new Supra IC from a 94 or later. It sounds like you are looking for quite a bit of power, so you will probably have to go to a stand-alone fuel management computer - then you won't need your MSD boost retard. Once you go standalone, you can install injectors such as 420cc or bigger without ECU issues.

Have a dilemna here for anyone who might be able to offer me some advice. I have a 11/76 280Z with the zx turbo on it, modified AFM, 3.5 inch exhaust, paxton FPR, MSD 6AL w/Boost Retard, and a Water Injection setup i made. i would like to go to a bigger injector so that i may run higher boost levels safely. if someone could help me out on what my best setup is for my car it would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to be running a 50 shot of NOS as well. my intercooler will be installed soon it's from a mid to late 80's supra turbo. any advice would be greatly appreciated if you need to know more info please feel free to ask and i will send more. thanx for your time in reading this.

in terms of stand alone engine management i hear many different views on each. is one better or easier to use than the other, and which works well with the Z. right now i have my hands on an electramotive tec II system, but before i put it in i would like to seesome of the bugs it has worked out first. don't want to be hitting 20 + pounds of boost and have it lean out on me. that would not be good. thank you for your time in reading this.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Running bigger injectors on a stock fuel computer is a tricky thing, you may be able to get the car to run OK at boost but driveablity will be pretty bad. The problem is you cant really adjust the fuel curve to correct for the larger amount of fuel being injected. The stock Z fuel computer does injects fuel at the same injector time as if it where running a small injector (it doesn't know the difference). I would suggest throwing the Tec II on the car right away. If its tunned correctly you can either max out the stock injector since you would have the tuneability to do so with a standalone unit, or brighten up and do both the injectors and ECM. Or option C that I have run with good effect 10lbs of boost 100hp on the NOS no intercooler and race gas. The NOS will enrichen the fuel curve and your stock ECM can keep up with 10lbs of boost. Have fun!

Alex Costa

Precision Machined Engines

1-800-665-0405