HybridZ

got a z32 ecu/harness/afm

David K

Ok guys this makes me very nervous working with electronics. I just got a z32 fuel injection system today and im going to use it on the L28. Now, someone help me with step 1. what in the world would i do next. Do i need a crank sensor (?)? I was actually looking for a z31 setup so i can follow people like Tony F. and such, but i came across this for free. You know how it is, you gotta get rid of that bulky afm and that stupid flap thing. Im looking foward to the better breathing intake of the z32 and also the better mileage if i can get it. Plz help of you can.

The crank angle sensor is the most vital. The nice thing about the Z31 is it uses the same sensor that already resides in the 280ZXT distributor. I have no idea what the Z32 uses - you would be breaking new ground I believe.

You would have to make a new fuel rail to accomodate the Z32 injectors, unless you could get some equivalent injectors to mount like an L28 (same flow, same impedance). I assume the Z32 has a single MAF, but if it has two, you may have a bit more plumbing to do. I don't know if the Z32 sensors will install in the L28, but the L28ET sensors are compatible with Z31 sensors.

Lead on! Get us some answers ;)