HybridZ

Any Megasquirters Here?

Tony D

I wondered if anyone here is getting the Megasquirt EFI Kit here on this board?

I have three kits coming this month (hopefully not while I'm away at Bonneville) and will start developing some N/A and Turbo tables for the thing on the L-Motor, I just don't want to tread over someone elses' development --- if someone here has baseline tables for their setup that I can upload, let me know. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Got my kit a few weeks ago. One of the last in on the last group buy. I haven't built it yet, but it'll be with custom software (Dual Table, GM Holley IAC) and some custom hardware (drivers, logic for the IAC). Probably not get this working for quite some time. The issue is I'm going to try to get it to work with a progressive Holley 4Di TBI that has a stepper motor IAC. The Megasquirt only supports a binary off/on solenoid IAC.

Make sure you join the yahoo group for megasquirt, if you haven't.

Yes, I joined this list, and I'm amazed by the amount of traffic. Anyway, I missed the latest buy for complete kits, and got a couple of PCBs. I've got my parts kit ordered from Digikey, so I'm hoping to get it assembled over the nexty month or so (got to get the motor together first!). I'm also building a test stand for the motor using an extra front cossmemeber. This way I can at least debug it at idle before transporting it to the metal fab shop where the car is.

BTW Pete, the IAC is a nice to have, your foot will work too. My turbo 240Z has an aftermarket computer that won't drive an IAC directly either. It just idles real low when cold. Not too much of an issue though. YOu could get you system installed and running as is. Once the engine is warmed up, the IAC does nothing anyway. Just a thought.

Here is the plan:

L28 (F54) with N47 head (~10:1CR)

280ZX distributor

Stock 280Z pump/regulator/fuel rail

280ZX manifold

Stock injectors (have some turbo ones if needed)

KA24 TPS (fits 280Z TB nice)

Tim240Z: resend your email, I don't think I got it.

Pete

Guest Anonymous

My ms is assembled and tests good. I'm working on sensors now. Hope to use a Saturn water temp sensor where the injector fan sensor is now. I'll use a 240sx tps on the stock throttle body. Any thoughts on a small air temp sensor I can mount in an existing hole on the manifold?

The plan is to install the megasquirt in my mostly stock '81 zxt and let the stock system handle the ignition.

As the kits become available, I'll add Megaview and Megajolt Lite to eliminate the factory ignition. Then I'll be able to eliminate the factory ecu, sensors and afm.

I've still gotta pass DEQ (emissions testing) so I'd like to keep the egr. That's controlled by the ecu and a solenoid/vacuum control module that will need to go when I junk the factory ecu.

Any suggestions on how I can make the egr operable without the ecu lashup?

Dan

Dan, EGR should not affect emissions testing that much, it is for overall smog reduction... a larger than stock cam will have its own low end EGR affect in fact, although too big = poor smog-ability.

Keep it there for looks, you should pass without actually using it.