HybridZ

fuel pump ?'s

Kazuya1274

Hi everyone,

I'm going to maybe (need money!) start working on my z this summer, and I'm planning out the rest of the parts. My 280zx is turbocharged, and I need a new fuel pump. I need one good for 400 hp (margin of safety). I checked on the walbro pumps, and they have a universal one @ 255lph. Would this be all that I need? I also checked out tpis, but their pump is up to 550hp, a little overkill I think. The price is good on the Walbro, so is it what I need? Thanks- Calen

Look at the Bosch "small" racing pump. The one I have flows enough fuel for 630HP at 43psi. I've had mine in there for three years without problems. It's nice and quiet too. You should be able to get one for less than $200.

Guest De Schmaydee

.....i have a pierburg ...i really like it....very quiet and will do what you need....pierburgs and bosch and pretty close to the same from what i've heard...s

I went with the Walbro GSL-392. It is the high volume inline pump Walbro sells. I got it from Alamo Motorsports and paid 165.89 shipped. Their number is

321 722-0498 if you wanna check them out. I have had no pressure drop with 43psi base up to 63 psi (22 lbs of boost).

I purchased the Walbro GSL 392 external 255l/h and used it on my car. 1 pump allowed me to run 130mph in the 1/4 and the pump is good for about 500wheel hp. I ordered it from racetronix.com for $119 and then the -8 to metric fittings and the install kit. All in all, it was about $150 shipped to my door.