HybridZ

Holley 750 dp tuning/books/articles?

Guest zfan

Im currently adding a Holley 750 dp to my sbc. Im not to current with Holley's. Its a four corner idle carb. What would be good reading for learning the ins and outs of Holley performance carbs.

zfan..Mike cheers.gif

Go to Amazon and do a search for:

Title:

Holley

Carburetor Handbook

4150 & 4160

Selection, Tuning and Repair

Author:

Mike Urich

By HPBooks

I used to work with a bunch of people that actually had Mike Ulrich as their boss back in the 80's. This guys I worked with knew their stuff, and they claimed they learned it all from Mike.

The book is about 80 pages long. Lots of pretty pictures to look at and not overly techincal. I'm looking at my copy right now, let me know if need any more info.

-Andy

Guest Tom Scala

When you get a good book you will probably find a section on reducing the primary jet size and drilling out the pvcr's behind the power valve. This is a very worthwhile mod on a street driven car since the DP's are jetted rich for a good a/f ratio at WOT from the factory,but it makes the part throttle cruise mixture a little too fat. I've done this mod and have been able to jet the primaries down 5 sizes while maintaining a proper full throttle a/f ratio. The car drives much better on the street and I don't have to tell you what it did for the gas mileage. 2thumbs.gif

• 2 weeks later...