HybridZ

Tunnel Ram and Carbs

Two40MuscleZ

On the subject of carbs, is anyone in the group running an Edelbrock Street Tunnel Ram set up? Curious, as to how much low end torque is lost as compaired to using a Victor, Jr., with a 750 Holley DP? :confused: Also, what are your thoughts on the best combinating for running a duel set of 450's, 500 or 650 Holley Dbl Pumpers?

Is tuning the duels all that difficult? As for gas milage..I'll just disconnect the gauge! twak.gif

Thanks, VAN

i dont think tuning dual carbs is very hard at all, i would go with dual carters or edelbrocks, holleys are pretty hard to dial in exact, but they run hard when they are. the carters or the edelbrocks tune easier with those knobs and jets that come out the front, but is this a sbc car, may be overkill, but man the sound of those things opening up. man.

holleys are harder to tune, but if you went that route i would go with dual 390cfms.

Unless you just want "the Look", stay with a single 750dp. I'd say the Victor Jr will have a better torque and hp curve. The 450 holleys are a mechanical secondary carb with a single accelerator pump designed specifically for dual carb installations. The 390 doesn't meter real well "out-of-the-box". The other carbs will all require more set up time for a dual carb application than the 450's IMO.