HybridZ

Alternator help!

Guest Pegasus76

Not to sure about how the 280ZXT alternator works...But if it has an internal regulator then as long as the wire and connectors fit and the belt is nice and tight. You should be ready to party rockon.gif

Found out that the '77 does have an external regulator, they just hid it smile.gif

So, unfortunately, my '83 Alternator won't fit the '77, however after spending $15 down at Autozone (thank God there are 24 hour Autozones here) I can at least get it to charge now...however, the battery is toast so it won't accept it...

DOH! If you do have to pony up the $ for a new one, Summit has a Powermaster 100 amp one wire alternator for $100. Adapt to the Nissan bracket and never look back! You can then modify the wiring as per the JTR manual and really clean up the engine compartment.

Or you can use an 87 Maxima alternator, swap the serpentine pulley, and have a 90 amp Nissan alternator, with an internal fan, which is a lot cleaner than one with an external fan.

I went this route on my ZXT and it is way better. Car runs better too. I will be going that route on my 260 once I get it up and running and stopping. The maxima alternator bolts up the same as any L series alternator.