HybridZ

G-nosed 280ZX?

Trevor

Red Convertible

Anybody know if this is a kit or a one-off?

Looks like a 280ZX with a G-nose. Convertible with cowls behind the seats....."Lambo" scoops between the doors and rear wheels. There are 2 similar cars in the photo from at the West Coast Nationals 2000 Gallery. Thanks Eric for sharing those pics.

Thanks for any leads.

Guest Anonymous

The rear flares are offered By Jim Cook Racing.. Extinct "Hella mirrors". This car may have been featured on a kit car magazine cover years ago evidenced by the twin body roll bars behind the seat.Modify the G nose and you can see the Ferrari styling influence. very interesting cowl.Thanx for bringing this to my attention since I am always looking for ideas for my Origin convertible project.. I have 2 Hella mirrors (a chrome one and a black one LOL)and the Jim Cook fenders.

I agree - it's an interesting blend of several body treatments on an S30 made convertable....the g-nose has been filled in the corners to bring it out flush, the addition of a grill in the intake is a nice touch, and the rear quarters are definately 'California Z' styling as offererd by JCR and others - and is also seen on the car in the background as well.

The cold air intake in the hood is unique, and wopuld offer alot of potential I would think. The glass over the trunk is a great stlying cue 'stolen' from the Italians...... nice execution