HybridZ

280YZ Wide Body Race Kit

John Washington

I just saw one of my old customers, Ted Fisher of Primarily Japanese in Tucson, at the Pavilions car show. He just finished his 280YZ race car and I have posted some photos at

http://www.reactionresearch.com/Fisher/index.htm

It was after dark and my little camera doesn't have much of a flash. I tried it without the flash and there wasn't enough light to get good color balance. I don't have the patience to color correct every shot, so I just threw them out there for everyone to see.

This car is VERY impressive. Tubular subframe from the firewall forward, full cage, 3.0 engine. Check out that dash!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, folks, for all the great response to Ted's car. Because you have been so nice, I posted some more photos!

Ted was shaking the car down at Firebird this weekend in preparation for racing next weekend at PHX Intl on Saturday and Firebird again on Sunday.

It is a very impressive on the track and sounds wonderful, too!

Ole Ted ain't a bad shoe, either!

http://www.reactionresearch.com/Fisher%20Firebird/index.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Ted Fisher told me about some AWESOME photos of his car that just got posted. You can see them at

http://www.cecilwalker.com/PhotoSite/asra/2002-11-30/8DatsunSamples/index.htm?1

I hate to keep teasing you guys with this stuff even though I can't sell you any (though we are working on that...negotiating the return of my tooling, etc.), but these photos are so good that I couldn't resist sharing!

Remember to email me directly if you have questions...I have been so busy that I haven't had time to surf around lately.

That is a beautiful car!! I struggled with the decision on building a YZ or a Velo Rossa. In the end the VR won out becuase I wanted a drop-top. (I know, I know, the VR is a spider not a convertible.) Anyway, this is what I'll build if I ever get my VR done.

Kudos to Ted Fisher. Very nicely done. 2thumbs.gif

WOW :eek:

That is one beautiful body! IMO, it's tough to beat the 240Z body style. Thank goodness for you and Terry Oxandale showing the world how it can be done!

If I were doing another Z, and that kit were available, I'd be doing a 280YZ!

The GTO 250 is a beautiful thing, but that 280YZ is just as nice IMO!

Jared -

When the guys at Research Integrations announced that they were shutting down operations earlier this year, I 'spidered' velorossa.com. I have some very small (hardley more than thumbnail size) images of the 940Z they had on their site. I'll email 'em if you want 'em.

You might email John Washington and ask if he would send you some images.

Thanks wagz I got the pics the links on that web page wont work though is it an absolute page or did something get left out. Do you have a web address. I really like those rear fenders but I want the lines to be smooth those looked glued on Im trying to stray away from that look. Are there any options here. Thanks for the input.