HybridZ

whats the weight of your Z!!!!

Guest ON3GO

Hmm, I guess I'm the heavyweight on the forum... :wink:

3200lbs

That includes...

- Me

- Full tank of gas

- and complete street trim (stock seats, sound system and spare tire)

I cant imagine how much of a whale she'd be if I had used an iron block engine! :shock:

The weight will only be going up too, gotta get bigger wheels/tires and brakes and then a rollcage for when I can finally hook up! :D Oh well, good thing I have lots of power to back it all up!!! :twisted:

Guest JAMIE T

'71 240Z, 2253 lbs.

That was with some loose tools in the floor board and alittle crap in the hatch. The only real differance between mine and stock is the 14x8 Centerline Autodrags and 235/60/14 radials. I have ZG Flares but they don't weigh anything.

Guest MistressMotorsports

2240 for the race car with 2 gals of gas, without me. The car is a 72, all factory body panels and bumpers, front and rear glass, no side windows and a mostly gutted interior. Of course, I have a pretty hefty welded steel 8 point roll cage, which offsets most of the weight that was removed.

Mike

Guest Willow Warrior

Early 71 ITS racecar 2.4L w/SU

No driver, 2280 lbs, 6 gallons in fuel cell, full cage, interior still has stock door panels/glass & heater core & dash & the passenger seat. Bumpers and Iron Cross wheels.

I thought it would be heavier, but my saving grace is that the early cars are lighter.

-Stephen

PZs.jpg

Guest das280zx

man, your cars are light for the most part. My 81 2+2 weighs in at 3000 lbs. I weighed it on a scale with 20 lb increments. I also weighe the front and back individually with my friend and I in it, and well, with two people it has a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. I'll try weighing it on another scale soon, just to have another refrence. Easy to do when you live in an agricultural area!

Guest Anonymous

Less crap on the early 240's. My '73 is a california version I think (it spent at least 2 decades there before I got it), it had smog crap, a/c and quite a bit of weight to lose. NO kidding- I've lost over 200 lbs getting rid of some of the unnecessary crap. I weighed everything that was taken off.. including

a/c compressor, all the a/c lines, brackets, etc, condenser core, mechanical fuel pump, smog pump, a trillion EGR and intake/exhaust knicknacks (and to think- I got the '73 to get away from the endless smog crap), front and rear bumpers, spare tire, old wiring harness/relays, and pretty much anything I didn't need unde the hood. I intend to make this Z my semi-daily driver, so I'm keeping the stereo, heater, glass, seats, etc. I might get fiberglass fenders and hood, but that's not really for weight savings. SU's are a lot lighter than the weber DVG's that were equipped also (california version). If my Z was 2400-2500lbs to begin with, it must be rediculously light now. I really thought I'd be set with what I bought, 200 lbs later that was a different story. I have to say the motor looks a lot neater. I can't wait to find out exactly what I weigh in, I'd be happy with 2400lbs, me included! I could have installed about 5 aluminum intercoolers and pipes to cover all the weight of everything that was in the Z when I bought. Rediculous I tell you..:shock:

-980mak

Guest Anonymous

Here's what I have;DATSUN 240Z CURB WEIGHT'S

1970=2355

1971=2500

1972=2550

1973=2575 (weighs 220 lbs more than '70).

ALL 260Z=2605 (weighs 250 lbs more than '70).

ALL 1982 280Z=2875 (weighs 520 lbs more than '70).

ALL 1982 280ZX=2825

ALL 300ZX=3000+ (weighs 645+lbs more than '70).

Guest Anonymous

Auxilary;

Unfortunately I didn't grab the URL. There was A detailed breakdown for each weight change in there.

It was stated that as a a matter of customer feedback and their effort to make the model even more attractive, they beefed up things as they went along like bunpers, seats, better upholstery, stronger this and that, back seats, power steering and whatever. There was no mention of any heavier gage body paneling that I remember.

I had a stripped down '30 model A roadster that weighed in at 2123 lbs with a big bore stroker/200hp flat head V8 in it, so you get the idea.