HybridZ

whats the weight of your Z!!!!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

me and a friend are going back and forth talking about weight of the Z.

im doing a L28ET swap in a 240Z.

im saying with everything i plan to do to the car i can keep the weight under 2500lbs.

he doesnt think so...

i really want it lower then that...

im also trying to find things to skimmp it down, like i really want that Carbon Fiber dash.

also i plan to do carbon fiber door panels, even though i bet the stock panels weight nothing.

so have anybody ehre ever weigh ur Z's.. if so whats done to it?

mike

My 280 and I weigh 2710 wet (3/4 tank). I weigh 160, so the car weighs 2550. I've removed the bumpers and the AC, I use factory alloy wheels (very light), and I carry no spare. I have also added weight -- intercooler and piping and a T5 tranny.

I wonder how much my car will end up. That RB26 is a pig. I feel sorry for my motor stand.

ON3GO, if you want big HP you will need frame connectors, R200, 5 Speed I hear you talking about all your goodies turbo timer boost controler.... it ,adds up.

Guest Look A Z

Well light isn't always all that great. When it rains and you are on the freeway its pretty darn scary. I have a 1988 Nissan Pulsar with 90hp and a 5 speed, that thing would spin tires in the first three gears when it rains. When I hit some water on the freeway going 55mph my car would start to sort of slide. SCARY!!! Anyways thats my .02

replace all your windows with lexan except windshielf, fiberglass front end, fiberglass flared rears, fiberglass hatch with lexan, no heater core, bumpers, carbon fiber dash, no interior no door panels, no center console, DO IT, i still dont believe you will it, or the turbo swap, now prove me wrong.

Guest ON3GO

im not gonna drive it in the rain, its not going to be my daily driver.

and FL327 i dont know what your problem is, this isnt supraforums.

I will do the turbo Swap as soon as i find a Z to buy.

J Taylor is looking at one for me near his house when he gets the chance.

I dont have to prove anything to anybody.

mike

late 71 240

L28 w/ SUs

5sp w/ R180

adj coilovers w/ 2.5in ID springs

stock interior with 20 lbs worth of amp and speakers

15" wheels w/ BFG 225 60 15s

empty weight

2270 lbs

add 30lbs for the R200 your gonna need and that gives you 200lbs to play with for the Turbo/IC/ etc....

if you want a feather weight make shure you get a 70/early 71, then you can probably cut 300lbs out of the car with carbon/fiberglass body/lexan windows/gutted interior/light weight wheels!! but I don't think its worth it....

2500 for a turbo 240 is a good mark without all the hassle, and lets you keep some creature comforts :wink:

good luck with your toy!!

cheers,

Ian

Guest ON3GO

thanks for the info, i didnt no the 70-71 were lighter.

the rims im looking at are very very light, but i still want the watanabe rims.

plus im taking out the heater too.

thanks

mike

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

Just weighed my car at the track on firiday night 2285 Lbs. Nice and light!

no bumpers, stock motor with 4bbl and header.(for now....)

Interior has only stock seats, dash and door panels, no console.

Coilovers, and a fresh install on Az. Zcar/Wilwood brake kit and 17x8's w/235-40-17's.

We'll be puttin' the R200 LSD in soon, and I just started assembling the turbo motor today. (BOOST BABY!!! YEAH!!!)

I think even with a proper cage and fuel cell added to all the turbo stuff I have to put in the car, It'll probably still be under 2500Lbs.

Just my $0.02

Cheers, Mike.